ECRD 2018 took place on 10-12 May 2018, at Messe Wien Congress Center, Vienna, Austria.
“Rare Diseases 360° – collaborative strategies to leave no-one behind” was the overarching theme of ECRD 2018. This theme reinforces the unique quality of this foremost event for the rare disease community in Europe, bringing together and facilitating effective policy discussions between all rare disease stakeholders. It also encompasses the comprehensive range of topic areas covered at the conference and the viewpoint of rare disease patients as equal experts, representing all rare diseases, across borders.
- Welcome address and opening remarks
- Keynote addresses
- Plenary welcome & introduction
- Inspirational speaker, Dr Rüdiger Krech, Director, Universal Health Coverage and Health Systems Office of the Assistant Director-General, World Health Organization
- Patient testimony, Maria Prähofer, living with MPS IVA, Morbus Morquio
- Daniela Bas, Director, Division for Social Policy and Development Department of Economic and Social Aff airs, United Nations
- Rare disease patients’ needs and goals, Lene Jensen, Chief Executive Officer, Rare Diseases Denmark
- Rare disease policy priorities for the future panel discussion
Download here the ECRD 2018 Executive Summary, providing further details of the achievements and conclusions of the conference.
Orphanet Journal of Rare Diseases
The special supplement for the 9th ECRD has now been published on the Orphanet Journal of Rare Diseases (OJRD) website.
The OJRD, published by BioMed Central, is an open access, online journal that encompasses all aspects of rare diseases and orphan drugs and publishes high quality reviews on specific rare diseases. This is the fifth time that abstracts presented at the ECRD have been published on the OJRD and this year, the supplement features 55 abstracts corresponding to both posters and speeches presented at the conference.